What does day-to-day life look like for an unschooling family?
Leaving the traditional education system behind can be scary, so it helps to have a solid picture of what your family is going to do instead. In this meaty and inspiring book, Pam explores how unschooling both enables us to nurture our children’s curiosity, creativity, and enthusiasm for learning as well as encourages strong and connected relationships with them to blossom.
With more than a dozen years of unschooling experience, in Life through the Lens of Unschooling, Pam Laricchia looks at the many ways that unschooling weaves through life. Her practical examples and stories may make all the difference in your family’s life.
- What to do instead of school
- How children learn to read without lessons
- What unschooling days look like, at home and out in the world
- How to build strong relationships with your children
- What’s behind a typical unschooling day
- Why choice is key for learning
- Answers to that ubiquitous question, “What about college?”
- How unschooling grows far beyond “not school,” and much, much more!
The theme is life; the lens—unschooling.
Drawn from her popular blog at livingjoyfully.ca, Pam’s book will be a dependable companion on your unschooling journey. Go back to it whenever you find you need a bit of help or inspiration and you’ll be sure to find a timely essay.